This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Appoint a Federal Housing Advocate within 100 days of a new mandate, to ensure federal government commitments are fulfilled.
- Invest in Reaching Home: Canada's Homelessness Strategy.
- Re-implement the Housing First approach.
- Revise the federal government's substance abuse policy framework to make recovery its overarching goal.
- Invest $325 million over 3 years for 1,000 residential drug treatment beds & 50 recovery community centres.
- Fully implement the right to housing.
- Work toward ending homelessness in Canada within a decade.
- Support the creation of more social housing & other affordable options.
- Work with provinces & municipalities to fast-track the purchase, lease, & conversion of hotels & motels for emergency housing relief until more permanent solutions are available.
- Expand income security programs.
- Declare housing affordability & homelessness a national emergency.
- Support existing youth shelters & other infrastructure through federal grants.
- Invest in creating new youth shelter sin urban & small urban centres.
- Remove shelter maximum stays for youth.
- Provide on-site & remote access guidance counselling & therapy for homeless youth.
- Provide optional relocation services for rural homeless youth.