This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Place a tax on residential properties that are sold within 12 months of purchase.
- Ban foreign purchasing of non-recreational, residential property for 2 years, excluding future employment or immigration.
- Introduce a new rent-to-own programme, & commit $1B in loans & grants to scale up rent-to-own.
- Introduce a tax-free First Home Savings Account.
- Double the First-Time Home Buyers Tax Credit.
- Ban foreign investors not living in or moving to Canada from buying homes here for a two year period, after which it will be reviewed.
- Encourage foreign investment in purpose-built, affordable rental housing.
- Place a 20% tax on the sale of homes to people who aren't citizens or permanent residents.
- Double the Home Buyer's Tax Credit to $1,500.
- Declare housing affordability & homelessness a national emergency.
- Create national standards to establish rent & vacancy controls.
- Provide a retroactive residential arrears program for Canadians at risk of eviction or of being driven into homelessness due to accumulated rent.
- Raise the empty homes tax for foreign & corporate residential property owners.