This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Establish a Canada Financial Crimes Agency to investigate & combat major financial crime.
- Increase regulatory power to respond to housing price fluctuations & ensure a more stable housing market.
- Enact changes to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) And Terrorist Financing Act.
- Establish a Beneficial Ownership Registry for residential property.
- Implement recommendations from the Commission of Inquiry into Money Laundering in British Columbia on a federal level.
- Work with the provinces to create a public beneficial ownership registry, to clarify who owns properties.
- Require reporting of suspicious transactions.
Crack down on money laundering in Canadian real estate.