This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Build an additional 250,000 over the next 4 years.
- Invest $4B in a new Housing Accelerator Fund, which will provide application-based funding for municipalities.
- Invest in e-permitting technology.
- Permanently increase funding to the National Housing Co-investment fund by $2.7B over 4 years, for more affordable housing.
- Commit $600M to support converting empty office & retail space into housing.
- Use infrastructure investments, such as transit, to increase housing supply.
- Release at least 15% of the government's real estate portfolio for housing.
- Incent landowners to donate property to Land Trusts for affordable housing.
- Create 500,000 affordable housing units, or more, over the next 10 years, with half done in the next 5 years.
- Set up dedicated "fast-start funds" for building co-op, social, and non-profit housing.
- Provide federal land for housing projects.
- Waive GST/HST on construction of affordable rental units.
- Update the formula for defining affordable housing, accounting for regional variance.
- Fund non-profit & co-op purchasing of existing buildings.
- Expand the Rapid Housing Initiative.
- Invest in building & operating 50K supportive housing units over 10 years.
- Build & acquire 300K units of coop & non-profit housing over 10 years.
- Create a Co-op Housing Strategy.
- Refocus CMHC on supporting affordable, non-market, & co-op housing.
- Appoint a Minister of Housing.