This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Cell & Internet Bills
- Allow foreign telecommunications companies to provide services in Canada, provided Canadian companies can do the same in their countries.
- Connect all of Canada to high-speed Internet by 2025.
- Promote investment in comms facilities by local & regional communities & businesses.
- Place a price cap on cell phone & Internet bills.
- Require providers to offer a basic plan for wireless & broadband that is comparable w/ affordable plans in other countries.
- Require companies to offer unlimited wireless data options at affordable rates.
- Ban data caps for broadband Internet.
- Introduce a Telecom Consumers' Bill of Rights.