This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Ensure pensioners have priority over shareholders & executives during bankruptcy or restructuring.
- Prevent executives from being paid bonuses while restructuring if the pension plan isn't fully funded.
- Stop forcing underfunded pension plans to be converted into annuities.
- Make unfunded pension liabilities owed to workers, & employees' severance pay, are the top priority when a company goes bankrupt.
- Prevent companies from paying dividends & bonuses when pensions are underfunded.
- Create a mandatory, industry-financed pension insurance programme.
- Create a Pension Advisory Commission to develop a long-term plan to enhance Old Age Security, GIS, & CPP.
- Amend pension benefit legislation for federally-regulated pensions to maintain pension plan solvency.
- Introduce a refundable tax credit equal to the amount of pension loss an individual incurs when a pension fails, as a temporary measure.
- Enable the creation of a Distressed Pension Facility during corporate insolvency.
- Establish super-priority of pensioners & pension plans in creditor hierarchy during insolvency proceedings.