This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Introduce a new EI benefit for self-employed Canadians, delivered through the tax system, providing unemployment assistance comparable to EI & lasting for up to 26 weeks.
- Create an EI Career Insurance Benefit for people who are laid off when a business they've worked for 5 years closes.
- Launch a "Super EI" with temporary expanded benefits for provinces in recessions.
- Extend EI sickness benefits for those suffering from serious illness to 52 weeks.
- Extend EI Sickness Benefits to 50 weeks.
- Introduce a low income supplement so no one receiving EI regular or special benefits receives less than $2K/mo.
- Make EI available to people who have quit their jobs to go back to school, provide childcare, or protect their or their family's health.
- Prevent government from raiding the EI Operating Account.
- Double leave for parents of multiples.