- Fully implement Cohen Commission recommendations.
- Work with BC and First Nations to support transition to land-based closed-containment systems.
- Allocate resources to fisheries on the principles of adjacency, historic dependence, and sustainability, while respecting Indigenous rights.
- Invest in habitat restoration & rebuilding fish stocks.
- Improve response to oil spills & derelict vessels.
- Support Nation-to-Nation engagement on managing shared marine resources to avoid disputes on fisheries law.
- Allocate funding to fill knowledge gaps for stocks.
- Complete rebuilding plans by 2024 for the 26 stocks currently in the critical zone.
- Entrench owner-operator & fleet separation policies in the Fisheries Act.
- Implement recommendations of the Standing Committee on Fisheries & Oceans report.