This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Develop an Agricultural Labour Strategy with employers & unions to address persistent labour shortages.
- Increase support to farmers to develop & adopt agricultural management practices to reduce emissions, store carbon in healthy soil, & enhance resiliency.
- Adopt a grocery supply code to deal with abusive pricing & contracting practices.
- Meet with agricultural stakeholders to discuss AgriStability & other insurance programs.
- Implement an Agriculture and Agri-Food Labour Strategy.
- Extend right-to-repair to farm vehicles.
- Create a Canadian Food Strategy to invest in agricultural communities, support young farmers, & ensure rural livelihoods are sustainable.
- Create a payment protection programme for produce growers.
- Restore protection for growers selling to the US under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act.
- Support sustainable & low-carbon agriculture.
- Connect communities to farmers through local food hubs.