This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Invest in the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy & the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research.
- Implement a National Quantum Strategy for quantum research.
- Invest in the National Research Council's Canadian Photonics Fabrication Centre.
- Establish a Canada Advanced Research Projects Agency as a public-private bridge for research.
- Invest $5B in projects aimed at major advances in several fields, all managed by a new agency in Calgary.
- Cut 50% of taxes on income earned from patents on innovative products developed here.
- Cover up to $10K of costs on the first 5 patents filed by small or medium businesses.
- Increase R&D spending to 2.5% of GDP.
- Establish a dedicated innovation agency focusing on developing joint projects across universities, private industry, & national labs.
- Increase direct federal funding for private & student-led business R&D.
- Provide access to federally-funded intellectual property at a discount to Canadian companies with Canadian operations.