This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Require that those who have purchased rights to build broadband actually do so.
- Connect all of Canada to high-speed internet by 2025.
- Accelerate the plan to get rural broadband built.
- Speed up the spectrum auction process and apply "use it or lose" provisions.
- Disallow the use of Huawei equipment.
- Declare high-speed Internet as an essential service.
- Give every Canadian, including those in rural areas, access to affordable, reliable, high-speed broadband within 4 years.
- Take steps to create a Crown corporation to deliver quality, affordable telecom services.
- Build up broadband infrastructure in rural areas.
- Continue to support the Universal Broadband Fund.
- Provide an addition $150M annually for 4 years to the Universal Broadband Fund to reach communities at the lowest end of the eligibility spectrum.