This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Require businesses supported through the Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program to include wrap-around supports for training for women & vulnerable groups.
- Double the Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit for three years.
- Invest $250 million over two years in grants for organizations running projects that help workers get job training.
- Provide low interest loans up to $10,000 to people who want to upgrade their skills.
- Allow workers who quit a job to go to school to qualify for EI benefits.
- Require large employers to spend at least 1% of payroll on training for employees each year.
- Create a new provincially-directed Workers Development and Opportunities Fund to expand training options beyond those who qualify for EI.
- Increase the Canada Training Benefit.
- Support post-secondary institutions to provide new, innovative academic offerings.