- Reduce fees for childcare by 50% next year.
- Finalise agreements with more provinces & territories to provide $10-a-day childcare within 5 years or less.
- Create 250K new childcare spaces.
- Hire 40K more early childhood educators.
- Work with Quebec to build on its childcare system.
- Work with Indigenous partners on childcare for Indigenous children.
- Enact federal childcare legislation.
Convert the Child Care Expense deduction into a refundable tax credit covering up to 75% of childcare for lower income families, and pay it out over the course of the year.
- Introduce legislation committing to high-quality, public childcare.
- Provide relief funding to re-open spaces lost from COVID-19 at not-for-profit childcare centres at risk of closure.
- Work with the provinces to build a universal, $10 a day childcare system.
- Ensure childcare workers are paid a living wage.
- Work with governments, Indigenous communities, & the childcare sector to ensure that universal affordable childcare becomes a reality.
- Increase federal childcare funding to at least 1% of GDP annually.
- Eliminate GST on construction costs for childcare spaces.
- Ensure equitable access high-quality, culturally appropriate early learning & childcare programs for First Nations, Inuit, & Métis children.