This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Work with the provinces to expand Medicare to cover prescription drugs, with a $10B/year federal investment.
- Develop a national strategy to cover drugs for rare diseases.
- Expand the Canada Health Act to fully fund a universal pharmacare programme.
- Create a bulk drug purcahsing agency.
- Reduce drug patent protection periods.
- Establish a clear timeline for implementing universal pharmacare, with a Canadian Drug Agency established and a programme covering a list of essential medicines launched in 2022, and a comprehensive programme rolled out by 2025.