This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Energy Efficient Buildings
- Provide grants of up to $5K for home retrofits & interest-free loans up to $40K for deep retrofits to improve a home's energy efficiency.
- Launch a National Net-zero Emissions Building Strategy to get to net-zero emissions from buildings by 2050.
- Invest $250M to help low-income Canadians get off home-heating oil.
- Require EnerGuide labelling of homes at time-of-sale.
- Provide a regulatory & financial framework to facilitate building retrofits, modelled after the SOFIAC programme in Quebec.
- Provide extra benefits for buildings that complete their retrofits prior to 2030.
- Develop a Net Zero Foundations program.
- Work with provinces, territories, & utilities to implement a Residential Building Retrofit Initiative.
- Retrofit all buildings in Canada by 2050, beginning with retrofitting all buildings built before 2020 within the next 20 years.
- Require large scale building retrofits in all sectors.
- Provide low-interest loans to help people make home improvements for energy efficiency & air quality.
- By 2025, require every new building to be net-zero.
- Create & implement a national green retrofit of existing residential, commercial, institutional, & industrial buildings.
- Support agencies & institutions to create programmes to carry out green retrofits in different areas & for different communities.
- Update the national building code to require all new construction & major renovations to older buildings meet net-zero standards by 2030.