This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Fossil Fuel Subsidies
- Eliminate fossil fuel subsidies by 2023, instead of a previous commitment of 2025.
- Develop a plan to phase-out public financing of the fossil fuel sector, including from crown corporations.
- Eliminate fossil fuel subsidies and redirect the funding to low carbon initiatives.
- Place a legislative ban on any future oil, gas, and pipeline subsidies.
- End all subsidies to the fossil fuel sector.
- End leasing of federal lands for fossil fuel production and retire existing licenses.