- Implement the recently passed Net Zero Emissions Accountability Act.
- Achieve a 40-45% reduction in emissions by 2030 compared to 2005 levels.
- Achieve net-zero emissions as soon as possible and no later than 2050.
- Set 5-year targets, & 2025 & 2030 milestones for emissions reductions from the oil & gas sector.
- Require oil & gas companies to reduce methane emissions by 75% below 2012 levels by 2030.
Reduce targets to 30% below 2005 levels by 2030.
- Set a target to reduce emissions by at least 50% from 2005 levels by 2030.
- Put in place carbon budgets.
- Create a Climate Accountability Office.
- Ensure government financial controls and Crown corporations are aligned with net-zero.
- Appoint a Climate Emergency Committee of Cabinet.
- Establish a Climate Emergency Secretariat in the PMO.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60% below 2005 levels by 2030, with clear, enforceable targets & timelines starting in 2023.
- Achieve net-zero emissions as quickly as possible, with net-negative in 2050.