This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Require that plastic packaging contain 50% recycled content by 2030.
- Work w/ provinces & territories on recycling targets for plastic bottles.
- Prohibit using the ♲ symbol on a product unless 80% of recycling facilities accept it.
- Require producers to report the amount, type, & end-of-life management of plastics.
- Implement right-to-repair & encourage with a tax credit.
- Create a No-Waste Food Fund.
Ban the export from Canada of plastic waste to be finally be disposed of in foreign countries.
- Immediately ban single-use plastics, while supporting transition of production facilities for single-use plastics to new products.
- Ban the export of plastic waste.
- Reduce electronic waste by expanding right-to-repair.
- Develop a national food waste strategy.
- Ban non-essential, single-use plastics by the end of the year.
- Promote green procurement practices.
- Promote sustainable waste management systems.
- Promote a legally-binding global plastics agreement.
- Ratify the Basel Ban Amendment.