This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Effects of Climate Change
- Support retrofits & upgrades to protect against extreme weather.
- Develop flood maps for higher-risk areas in the next 3 years.
- Create a low-cost national flood insurance programme.
- Finalise the National Adaption Strategy by 2022.
- Expand eligibility for CMHC deep home retrofits.
- Create a Climate Adaption Home Rating Program.
- Create a nation-wide flood ready information portal.
- Appoint a national disaster resilience advisor to the Privy Council Office.
- Implement a national action plan on floods, incl. a residential high risk flood insurance programme.
- Implement a national climate adaption strategy, incl. addressing flood readiness w/ private sector solutions.
- Consider mitigation & adaptation in infrastructure investments.
- Invest $3 billion in natural climate solutions.
- Create a National Crisis Strategy to help communities plan for & respond to climate risks.
- Create a new Climate Corps of young workers to respond to climate impacts.
- Create an Office of Environmental Justice to address disproportionate impacts of pollution & loss of biodiversity on low-income, racialised, & other marginalised communities.
- Expand funding for adaptation & disaster response.
- Increase funding for the Disaster Mitigation & Adaptation Fund to support climate resilience projects, including wildfire mitigation, rehabilitation of storm water systems, & restoration of wetlands, shorelines, & other natural infrastructure.
- Create an independent, scientific, non-partisan, diverse Climate Council to advise the government.