This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Industrial Carbon Emissions
- Advance green industrial strategies.
- Continue investing funds from the Net Zero Accelerator in strategic opportunities.
- Tie Canada's industrial carbon price to the EU's & eventually the US's.
- Potentially set industrial carbon prices on a path to $170/tonne by 2030.
- Propose minimum North American standards for key industrial sectors.
- Study imposing a carbon border tariff on goods imported from countries without compatible emissions reduction mechanisms.
- Place a carbon border adjustment tariff on imported products from areas without a carbon price.
- Require large businesses receiving COVID recovery funding to agree to plan for net-zero.
- Put in place joint workplace environment committees to help reduce emissions in every workplace.
- Enact a Carbon Border Adjustment.
- Continuously evaluate the impact of the Carbon Border Adjustment on developing countries through a lens of global environmental justice.