This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Invest an extra $1.5B in iZEV rebates & expand eligibility to more vehicle types, including used vehicles.
- Invest an extra $700M to add 50K new EV chargers & hydrogen stations, & $100M for existing buildings to install chargers.
- Require at least 50% of new light vehicles sold be zero-emissions by 2030.
- Electrify all government light vehicles by 2030.
- Provide $200M to retrofit large in-use trucks.
- Require 30% of light-duty vehicles sold to be zero-emissions by 2030.
- Invest $1 billion in electric vehicle manufacturing in Canada.
- Add mandatory charging stations or wiring for chargers to the national building code.
- Require every federal government building to have a charging station by 2025.
- Support improved electric vehicle battery repurposing and recycling.
- Extend federal incentives for zero-emissions vehicles, and expand incentives to $15k per family for made-in-Canada vehicles.
- Waive federal sales tax on zero-emissions vehicle purchases.
- Move all federal government vehicle fleets to Electric Vehicles by 2025, using vehicles made in Canada where possible.
- Build out charging infrastructure.
- Ban the sale of internal combustion engine passenger vehicles by 2030.
- Expand charging stations for electric vehicles, including in smaller communities & rural areas.
- Fund grants for purchasing new & used electric vehicles.
- Fund buy-back programs for old vehicles.
- Exempt new & used electric & zero-emission vehicles from federal sales tax.