Develop a Black Canadians Justice Strategy to address anti-Black racism and discrimination in the criminal justice system.
- Start a national task force to create a plan to end over-incarceration of Black & Indigenous people.
- Address the impacts of mandatory minimums.
- Provide greater judicial discretion in sentencing.
- Develop culturally appropriate bail programmes.
- Increase restorative & community justice.
- Better integrate Gladue principles.
- Develop & implement an African Canadian Justice Strategy.
- Expand on & codify the requirement for sentencing judges to take into account systemic & historical racism.
- Develop clear laws & guidelines aligned with R. v. Ipeelee & R. v. Gladue.
- Implement additional laws to reduce incarceration of Indigenous peoples.
- Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences.