This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Trans Health & Access
- Work with the provinces to ensure equal access to gender-affirming surgery across the country, & that gender-affirming procedures & medication is covered by public health plans.
- Review & eliminate systemic barriers related to gender in the delivery of federal public services.
- Provide funding to support the creation & expansion of shelters for trans youth.
- Negotiate the Canada Health Accord to prioritise access to gender-affirming health services.
- Listen to feedback on census questions.
- Ensure trans, non-binary, & Two Spirit people are able to alter their sex designation on all federally-issued documents, without undertaking surgeries.
- Require accessible facilities in all federal buildings, including gender-neutral washrooms & changing facilities.