This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Develop a 10-year National Action Plan to End Gender-Based Violence, beginning negotiations with provinces & territories within a year.
- Work with community-based anti-violence experts to track progress.
- Work with provinces & territories to support the development of specialised sexual violence courts.
- Deliver a National Action Plan to end gender-based violence, including funding to ensure shelter services & other programmes are available country-wide, especially in traditionally under-served areas.
- Improve police training on sexual assault.
- Require universities to develop plans to end sexual violence on campus.
- Work with women's & Indigenous organisations to develop a comprehensive plan of action, with a timetable & dedicated funding, to eliminate violence against women, girls, & gender-diverse people.
- Invest $40M over 4 years in the Shelter Enhancement Program.
- Increase funding for investigations & convictions in human trafficking cases.