This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Prohibit RCMP from using neck restraints & prohibit the use of tear gas or rubber bullets for crowd control.
- Commit to a full external review of deescalation training.
- Implement a federal use-of-force standard with a zero-tolerance policy for inappropriate use-of-force.
- Overhaul federal police training to ensure officers receive ongoing deescalation, implicit-bias, & cross-cultural training throughout their careers.
- Increase investments in non-police interventions, like mental health & addiction supports.
- Develop a national standard for police use-of-force.
- Work with other jurisdictions to ban certain kinds of force, such as chokeholds & neck restraints.
- Create a mandatory national database of police use of force, disaggregated by race, ethnic background, national origin, age, & other identities, to better understand the extent of systemic racism in Canadian policing.