This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Police Accountability & Reform
- Give the RCMP's Management Advisory Board full oversight over the RCMP.
- Set clear timelines for RCMP compliance with the Civilian Review & Complaints Commission recommendations.
- Support an external review of the RCMP's sanctions & disciplinary regime.
- Make the Independent Centre for Harassment Resolution fully external to the RCMP.
- Work with governments to connect RCMP with social support workers.
- Put in place robust & independent civilian oversight of the RCMP.
- Launch a review of the RCMP's budget & the RCMP act in order to ensure accountability to the public.
- Release all use-of-force incidents by the RCMP.
- Launch a full review into RCMP use-of-force.
- Conduct an immediate review of the RCMP's duties, & identify areas for detasking police & reducing spending.
- Reallocate funding to social & community services.
- Design & implement a more effective, transparent, accountable, & independent police oversight system.
- Review the Civilian Review & Complaints Commission.
- Create a national standard for independent & accountable oversight of policing.