This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Match ticket sales for cultural venues to compensate for COVID restrictions.
- Provide emergency relief to out-of-work artists, craftsmen, creators, & authors who are primarily self-employed or independent contractors.
- Update the Copyright Act, including allowing resale rights for artists.
- Hold a summit within 100 days on plans to restart the industry.
- Invest $43M/year for authors & publishers.
- Provide a dedicated rebuilding package for performing arts, theatre, festivals, & other arts affected by the pandemic.
- Prioritise partnerships with independent producers & increase funding for Telefilm.
- Provide financial support for Indigenous theatre at the National Arts Centre.
- Put in place income tax averaging for artists & cultural workers.