This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Ensure First Nations youth who reach the age of majority receive the supports they need for up to 2 additional years.
- Implement orders of the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal.
- Work with Indigenous partners to ensure compensation for those harmed by the First Nations Child & Family Services program.
- Fully fund Jordan's Principle & Inuit Child First Initiative.
- Fund needs of Métis children.
- Immediately take action to respect, support, & resource Indigenous jurisdiction over child welfare systems, backed up with long-term, predictable funding guaranteed in legislation.
- Fully implement Canadian Human Rights Tribunal orders on funding of child welfare services on reserve.
- Implement the Spirit Bear Plan.
- Stop litigation against Indigenous children.
- Fully implement Jordan's Principle.
- Recognise that Indigenous children in residential schools have been replaced by Indigenous children in foster care.
- Stop fighting the Human Rights Tribunal Orders regarding compensation for child & family victims.
- Ensure non-status First Nations' children living off-reserve have access to Jordan's Principle.
- Adopt recommendations on funding for First Nations Child & Family Services from the Institute for Fiscal Studies & Democracy's 2020 report.