- Work with provincial, territorial, municipal, & Indigenous partners, & stakeholders, to develop a National School Food Policy, working towards a national school nutritious meal programme with a $1B investment over 5 years.
- Restrict commercial marketing of food & beverages to children.
- Establish new front-of-package labelling to promote healthy food choices.
Increase the maximum fine for fixing food prices from $24 million to $100 million, and introduce criminal penalties for executives.
- Consult with residents of northern communities on Arctic farming.
- Work with non-profit groups to build greenhouses or hydroponic towers in northern communities.
- Fund education programmes in nutrition & horticulture in northern communities.