- Provide $400 million over 4 years to support virtual care.
- Expand Canada Student Loans debt forgiveness to more healthcare professionals & increase the amount forgiven by 50%.
- Offer healthcare professionals a 1-time income tax deduction up to $15k over their first 3 years of practice.
- Increase federal powers to deduct funding from provinces who add extra billings for publicly insured services.
- Work with provinces & territories to reduce wait times and improve access to primary care.
- Work with the provinces to develop public infrastructure for secure, accesibile virtual healthcare.
- Identify coming gaps in health human resources, & make a plan for recruiting & retaining doctors, nurses, & other healthcare professionals.
- Reduce wait times, particularly for primary care.
- Support provinces in implementing new delivery models, such as telemedicine.