This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Establish 10 new national parks in the next 5 years & work w/ Indigenous communities on co-management agreements.
- Work w/ partners to conserve 25% of lands & waters by 2025 & 30% by 2030.
- Work to halt nature loss by 2030 w/ a full recovery by 2050.
- Work w/ Indigenous peoples to support new Indigenous Guardians programs.
- Build new urban national parks.
- Establish a $50M BC Old Growth Nature Fund.
- Protect 17% of Canada's land & water.
- Work towards protecting 25%.
- Restore funding for the National Wetland Conservation Fund & the Recreational Fisheries Conservation Partnership Program.
- Invest an additional $3B between now & 2030 in natural climate solutions.
- Introduce an Environmental Bill of Rights.
- Strengthen the Canadian Environmental Protection Act.
- Protect 30% of Canada's land, freshwater, and oceans by 2030.
- Create a new Civilian Climate Corps to mobilise young people & create jobs supporting conservation efforts.
- Launch a 10-year plan to reverse species loss.
- Restrict trade of wild animals.
- Expand the Indigenous Guardians Programme.
- Support Indigenous-led protected & conservation areas.
- Fund stewardship by Indigenous guardians.
- Implement Canada's commitments under the Convention on Biological Diversity & follow-up protocols.
- Protect a minimum of 30% of freshwaters & lands by 2030 & 50% by 2050.
- Modernise the Canadian Environmental Protection Act.
- Create a national urban biodiversity regeneration strategy.