This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Require foreign web giants to contribute to the creation & promotion of Canadian stories & music.
- Make funding platform-agnostic & open to traditionally underrepresented storytellers.
- Permanently increase funding to Telefilm Canada by $50M.
- Double contribution to the Canada Media Fund.
- Increase funding for French audiovisual content to 40%.
- Provide $13M/year to the Indigenous Screen Office.
Require large digital streaming services to reinvest a portion of their Canadian gross revenue into producing original Canadian programming, with a mandated proportion of French language programming.
- Increase financial support for Telefilm & the Canada Media Fund.
- Make web giants support Canadian content in both official languages.
- Modernise the Broadcasting Act.