- Establish a $2B Futures Fund for Alberta, Saskatchewan, & Newfoundland & Labrador, design in collaboration with local workers, unions, educational institutions, environmental groups, investors, & Indigenous peoples.
- Support local & regional economic diversification.
- Move forward with Just Transition legislation.
- Launch a Clean Jobs Training Centre to help workers upgrade or gain new skills.
- Introduce a Just Transition Act before the end of 2021.
- Plan for a fair transition of workers towards a decarbonised economy, that protects communities from displacement, & in which affected people are leading the preparation of their transition strategies.
- Use wage insurance, retraining programmes, & early retirement plans.