This would include mandating:
- The availability of parts at reasonable prices;
- Provision of free and publicly available service manuals;
- Publicly available repair information such as software tools and schematics;
- Repairability labeling to inform consumers of the likely lifetime and fixability of the product; and
- Enforcing repairable designs (e.g., replaceable batteries, long-term software support, etc).
They may still in the future!
Devlin Hinchey lives in Winnipeg with his wife Jill Officer and their daughter Camryn. Born in Nova Scotia, Devlin moved to Calgary after university before finally moving to Manitoba where he has lived for over 20 years, 15 of those years in the Rossmere riding. He is motivated by a desire to improve the world that will be left for his daughter and her generation!
In university, Devlin secured degrees in Chemical Engineering and a Masters of Business Administration. He has worked in multiple Continuous Improvement roles in the Transportation, Food Production, Printing and Manufacturing industries for over 20 years.
In alignment with his work history, Devlin is passionate about Continuous Improvement and Efficiency! He considers himself to be “practically progressive” and believes that we can address the issues of the climate emergency, income inequality, healthcare and poverty while also maintaining and improving our quality of life.
In his spare time Devlin enjoys movies and the Manitoba outdoors. Whether it is spending time with his family at their summer trailer near Beausejour or weekend walks in Bird’s Hill Park, Devlin appreciates the importance of protecting our environment.
Devlin is excited to represent the Green Party of Manitoba in the Winnipeg riding of Rossmere and will work to address the issues of Climate Change, Income Inequality, Healthcare and Poverty.
We'll be talking with them about this.