Looking for the 2023 Alberta general election? Click here.
Looking for the 2023 Prince Edward Island general election? Click here.
They may still in the future!
In the meantime, you can learn more about them on their website.
· Dennis has been a resident of Coquitlam since 1979
· He is married to Lisa and they have two adult children, Dylan (24) and Alexis (21).
· He has 25 years’ experience in retail and business banking, most recently as Branch Manager at Westminster Savings and Coast Capital Savings Credit Unions
· Dennis is the principal in a business consulting company specializing in policy development and advocacy
· He also provides Strategic Planning and Financial Management service to Egami Creative Services – a family operated and locally based web design and branding company.
· In the Community he is or has been:
o Tri Cities Chamber of Commerce – President; Board of Governor; Chair of Riverview Lands Economic Development Task Force.
o BC Chamber of Commerce – Board member.
o Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation – Board member and Treasurer.
o City of Coquitlam – Economic Development Committee; Mayor’s Task Force.
o Coquitlam Metro Ford Soccer – Coach and Manager.
o Coquitlam Little League – Coach.
o Coquitlam Minor Hockey – Coach.
o BC Amateur Hockey – Referee; Instructor in Officiating program.
· In his role as Councillor he has served as
o Chair & Vice Chair of the Economic Development Advisory Committee
o Chair & Vice Chair of Cultural Services Advisory Committee
o Chair Sports Advisory Committee
o Metro Vancouver Performance & Audit committee member
o Vice Chair of the Parcel Tax Review Panel
o Council Representative for the Fraser Health Municipal Government Advisory Council
- As a Councillor, he has successfully advocated for neighbourhood enhancements, street safety improvements, improved financial management policies to better serve residents of today and tomorrow.
Reason for running
I championed the creation of a capital fund that has generated over $21 million in non-tax revenue that enables us to enhance parks, cycling infrastructure, fields, arenas, libraries and so much more. I've collaborated with colleagues to create more opportunities for businesses to come to Coquitlam, offering residents the chance to have a better work/life balance through reduced or eliminated commutes. These future neighbourhoods need to be supported by new parks, trails, and infrastructure that enables us to get out of cars and into more walkable, GHG-friendly communities.