They may still in the future!
Together with Analies, his wife and business partner, they own and operate a local company—Bear Woods Supply, in the Township of Langley. Since the company’s acquisition in 2015, Stephen has managed to grow the business despite the unprecedented challenges of the past two years. Stephen is also a co-owner of a local gym and health clinic – Body Smart Health and Fitness in North Langley, which serves a diverse clientele from the local community.
Prior to this, Stephen and his brother started and grew BackCheck, an employee background check company. At the time, the market for background checks was very small in Canada. Through hard work, innovative uses of technology, and strong team-building, Dinesen’s company grew to over 400 employees, including an office with a team of 200 in Port Kells. After 10 years of growth the business was acquired by one of the largest corporations in the field.
As much as he is successful in business, Stephen Dinesen is a down-to-earth person who truly values his Langley roots. Motivated by a genuine love for humanity, Stephen has freely ministered to friends and strangers alike, exemplifying many of the core principles of his faith—compassion, generosity, hospitality and community.
Stephen cares about the wellbeing of fellow residents and neighbours, especially the young families, the senior citizens, and those in need. He shares their many concerns, including housing affordability, community resources, traffic and transportation – These are the motivating factors behind Stephen’s entry into the upcoming civic election.
If elected to the Council of the Township of Langley, Stephen Dinesen will bring his wealth of experience, knowledge and know-how to help secure effective and practical solutions. He will tirelessly advocate for an inclusive collaborative approach on public policy that respects the input of everyone wishing to participate.
Stephen is 45 years old and is a father of four children ranging in age from 12 to 20.
Reason for running
1. ELEVATE SAFETY: ENSURE OUR POLICE, FIRE, AND EMERGENCY SERVICES ARE FULLY FUNDED TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY
2. ELEVATE HOUSING: Immediate Improvement to housing affordability and access
3. ELEVATE LIVABILITY: PARKS & RECREATION INFRASTRUCTURE CLOSE TO HOME FOR ALL--WITH FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITY
4. ELEVATE COMMITMENTS : RAISE THE BAR - NOT TAXES
5. ELEVATE for the LONG TERM : MAKE THE TOWNSHIP OF LANGLEY A SUSTAINABLE CITY
6. ELEVATE MOVABILITY : PRIORITIZE SOLUTIONS TO ROAD CONGESTION, TRANSIT, AND NEW MODES OF TRAVEL
7. ELEVATE LANGLEY: EXPECT EXCELLENCE FROM THE ELEVATE LANGLEY TEAM