We want Surrey to be a shining example of what can happen in Canada when people are free to choose to pursue what they find meaningful. Open for business, protected against closure. Everyone's life and livelihoods are important. Everyone is essential.
We know that housing, energy prices and safety are at the top of everyone's priorities. Other parties will tell you how they'll spend more money through rebates, initiatives or government grants. They will promise the world and deliver you scraps, then ask you to give more. All the while spending more of your money on virtue signaling photo ops and good intentions. Top down governance does not work.
You know what your family or business needs. You know how and when you can be charitable. You should have the respect of the government as an adult to make those choices on your own behalf, capable of weighing the pros and cons and enjoy the results of wisely spending your own money. All of our policies respect you as a capable individual to offer you the most transparent data and information available for you to make an informed decision.
We are beholden to you, not to any global agenda. We are citizens with families just like yourself and want nothing more than for Surrey to flourish.
Joe Kennedy is a self motivated entrepreneur and owner of a small business located in Surrey. Politically minded, he stepped up to represent everyday Canadians in the 2021 Federal Election, his first venture into politics. With a background in the service industry and having sat as president of a strata council through a multi-million dollar renovation, he is not afraid to ask the questions that deserve answers.
Locally minded, not beholden to any globalist agenda, he believes that Surrey is at its best when people can pursue what they find meaningful in life. Operating within the framework of truth, transparency and freedom, he respects the individual as paramount.
A husband and father of two young children, he is actively invested in protecting the fundamental freedoms we as Canadians have enjoyed and wish to maintain.
Excited to be running with Amrit Birring and the People’s Council Surrey team.
I don't always talk in 3rd person... but sometimes I copy and paste when it's convenient! Shabam! aaaaaaaandd... Done!
Reason for running
Straight up, we need some sanity in government. Our platform stands on eleven points.
- Rehire employees terminated due to COVID policy
- Confront rising housing costs - call out Ottawa/Victoria - offer transparency of what's happening with any money that's given to the city for immigration and refuge settlement
- Fight against SOGI 123 and Critical Race Theory indoctrination
- Raise standards of academics and sports in schools
- Protect religious institutes against closure in the future crisis
- Advocate for small businesses, cut red tape and taxes
- Promote transparent, independent journalism
- Ensure RCMP or Surrey Police obeys the Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Motivated youth to build professional careers and embrace responsibility
- Children belong to parents, not the government
- Persecute criminals instead of legal firearm owners
Anything that stands beyond our purview as a local government, but affects our citizens nonetheless, we will work with them and help fight for their rights as Canadians.